Connect the Client to the Database¶
Now it's time to connect the client to the database server. You'll need the database name (service) that you setup in step 10 of the server installation guide. You'll also need the database server name and/or IP address.
If you are setting up multiple user stations you may want to copy the net/TNSNAMES.ora file for duplication.
Open the Network Manager by selecting the Windows key
Then search for Net Manager
You can also Scroll down to the Oracle Folder, expand the folder and select Net Manager.
Create a new service¶
- Highlight the Service Naming
- Select the + symbol to add a new service
- Define the database name
- Verify the port is correct (1521)
- Define the server name or IP address
- Test the connection by selecting test
Change the login The user name and password we will use to test with are what we specified in Step 15 of the server installation.
User = system
password = password
- File → Save Network Configuration
Net Manager GIF